Development of system with integrated Business Intelligence and Data Analytics to increase the effectiveness and autonomy of tax administration employees.
The Tax Authorities of the Caribbean Netherlands (B/CN) implements the tax laws and regulations for the three special municipalities of the Netherlands: Bonaire, Saba, and Sint Eustatius. The tax administration has various tasks, such as levying and collecting government taxes, supervising compliance with tax laws and regulations, and collecting certain island levies. The Customs Department supervises, among other things, the fiscal provisions for the import, export, and transit of goods. The organization needed to be able to collect and store data and analyze across different business processes
- Lack of integral view of both current and historical facts
- Dependence on IT developers for production of information provision
- Little room for ad hoc analyses
- Inability for ad hoc analyses to be executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Static Excel reports only allow for historic views
- Inability to conduct explorative and forecasting analysis